Getting Started with UVs in 3ds Max
In this course, we're going to explore the basics of UVs in 3ds Max. Software required: 3ds Max 2010 and higher.
What you'll learn
In this course, we're going to explore the basics of UVs in 3ds Max. UVs and UV layouts are vital elements in creating textures for our 3d models. They allow us to tell the program how to apply the 2d images we create. Having good UVs can really make a difference in speeding up texture creation and optimizing your results. Software required: 3ds Max 2010 and higher.
Table of contents
- Visual Guide to UVs 3m
- UV Basics in 3ds Max 6m
- Planar and Box Projections 7m
- Spherical and Cylindrical Projections 6m
- Using Splines to Project UVs 6m
- Using the Unwrap Uvw Modifier 8m
- Editing UV Layouts 12m
- Using Multiple Projections 8m
- Tweaking and Relaxing UVs 6m
- Copying and Pasting UV Layouts 5m
- Rendering UV Templates 6m