Getting Started with UVs in Maya 2011
In this series of lessons we're going to take a look at the basics of working with UVs in Maya. Software required: Maya 2011 and higher.
What you'll learn
In this series of lessons we're going to take a look at the basics of working with UVs in Maya. UVs and UV layouts are important aspects of creating textures for our 3D models. They let us tell Maya how to apply the 2D images we create. Having a good UV layout can really make a difference in speeding up texture creation and optimizing your results. Software required: Maya 2011 and higher.
Table of contents
- Visual Guide to UVs 3m
- Basics of UVs in Maya 7m
- Using Planar Mapping 6m
- Spherical and Cylindrical Mapping 6m
- Projecting UVs Based on Cameras 4m
- Using Automatic UV Mapping 7m
- Editing UV Layouts 11m
- Using Multiple UV Projections 8m
- Unfolding and Relaxing UVs 7m
- Transferring UV Layouts 7m
- Creating UV Snapshots 8m