Inking Comic Art in Illustrator
For the traditional artist, the digital world offers little that compares to the richness of inking your artwork with a brush or technical pen. Software required: Illustrator CS6.
What you'll learn
For the traditional artist, the digital world offers little that compares to the richness of inking your artwork with a brush or technical pen. In fact, most artists would instinctively reach for Photoshop to accomplish just such a task. In this tutorial, we will learn that Illustrator offers a variety of tools that can quickly and easily give us great results. To start out, we will learn about the tools used for each of our three techniques. Then we will move into practical application of each inking technique on a variety of different types of artwork. After completing this course, you'll be familiar with three different approaches to inking in Illustrator that can be applied to a variety of different types of artwork. Software required: Illustrator CS6.
Table of contents
- Understanding the Width Tool 12m
- Drawing Paths for the Width Tool 10m
- Modifying Our Stroke Using the Width Tool 11m
- Understanding the Pathfinder Panel and Shape Builder Tool 12m
- Beginning to Ink Our Artwork Using Shapes 12m
- Continuing to Ink Our Artwork Using Shapes 13m
- Using the Blob Brush and the Eraser Tool 13m
- Blocking in Areas of Shadow with the Blob Brush 13m
- Beginning to Clean up and Detail Our Inks 12m
- Creating the Illusion of Soft Edges in Inked Artwork 10m