Introduction to Particle Flow in 3ds Max
In this 3ds Max tutorial, we will take an introductory look at particle flow to create custom particle systems. Software required: 3ds Max 2012.
What you'll learn
In this 3ds Max tutorial, we will take an introductory look at particle flow to create custom particle systems. Throughout this tutorial, we'll learn how to create a Particle Flow Source and how to navigate the Particle View interface. We'll also learn how to use many of the most commonly used operators to create a particle system that fits our specific needs in our project. We'll also learn how to utilize space warps like gravity and wind with particle flow to modify the behaviors of our particle systems. Finally, we'll learn how to apply collisions to our particles and even cause our particles to spawn new particles when they collide with a deflector. Software required: 3ds Max 2012.
Table of contents
- Creating Smoke Using Particle Flow 10m
- Modifying the Smoke Particles System 11m
- Creating a Smoke Material 13m
- Creating Fire Using Particle Flow 10m
- Creating a Fire Material 11m
- Explosion Setup 10m
- Creating the Explosion Particle System 9m
- Modifying the Explosion Particle System 7m
- Spawning New Particles from Existing Particles 13m
- Finishing up Our Explosion 10m