Introduction to Rendering in Softimage
In this Softimage tutorial, we will be exploring some of the core rendering tools and features that every Softimage rendering artist needs to be familiar with. Software required: Softimage 2011.
What you'll learn
In this Softimage tutorial, we will be exploring some of the core rendering tools and features that every Softimage rendering artist needs to be familiar with. This tutorial is designed for users who are just getting started with rendering in Softimage, so we will not be focusing heavily on using lights, materials, or recipes to give your render a specific look. Instead, our focus will be on helping you build a strong foundational knowledge of rendering in Softimage by talking about many of the key tools, features, and concepts that every rendering artist in Softimage really needs to be familiar with. We will also learn how to resolve some rendering-related issues that you may encounter, and we will focus very heavily on helping you develop good habits and strong workflow practices that will be extremely beneficial to you as an emerging render artist. Software required: Softimage 2011.
Table of contents
- Getting Started with the Softimage Render Region 10m
- Further Exploration of the Softimage Render Region 5m
- Working with Multiple Render Regions in Softimage 5m
- Using the Render Preview in Softimage 7m
- Changing the Resolution and Length of Our Rendered Sequence 9m
- Changing the Renderable Camera Within Softimage 3m
- Viewing the Amount of Time Required for Softimage Renders 4m
- Reducing Aliasing Artifacts in Softimage Renders 7m
- Adjusting the Clipping Planes of Softimage Cameras 4m
- Importing and Exporting Materials from Softimage 4m