Lighting Your Illustration with Blending Modes in Photoshop
Explore a handful of blending modes that artists use on a daily basis to light illustrations. Software required: Photoshop CC.
What you'll learn
Throughout this Photoshop tutorial we'll explore a handful of blending modes that artists use on a daily basis to light illustrations. You'll begin to see the flexibility and range that both layer and tool blending modes present. They are powerful tools that deserve a place in every digital artist's tool set. Lighting effects can be tricky, and filters stand out a mile away. But by the end of this Photoshop training, you'll know that with blending modes, the control and look is put back in the hands of the user and end result can be highly effective. Software required: Photoshop CC.
Table of contents
- Blending Mode Basics 11m
- Using Blending Modes with Tools 11m
- Sketching Our Thumbnails 11m
- Blocking in the Base 11m
- Laying Down Flat Color 11m
- Multiplying Our Shadows 11m
- Screening Our Highlights 11m
- Experimenting with Light 11m
- Utilizing Multiple Blending Modes 11m
- Accentuating Lighting Effects 11m
- Adding the Final Touches 11m