Managing macOS File Systems and Storage
This course will teach you how manage file systems and storage in a Mac computer in a variety of possible scenarios.
What you'll learn
Learning to manage file systems and storage in MacOS doesn't need to be difficult. In this course, Managing macOS File Systems and Storage, you’ll learn how to manage file systems and storage in a Mac with macOS. First, you’ll learn how to describe and compare file systems that macOS supports. Next, you’ll learn about the utilities you have available in macOS to manage, optimize, and repair partitions and volumes. Next, you will learn all about encryption, including system disk and data, including macOS FileVault tool for data encryption. Finally, you’ll learn about file and folder ownership and permissions, and how to manage them.
Table of contents
- Examining Storage: About This Mac 3m
- Examining Storage: Disk Utility 5m
- Examining Storage: System Information 3m
- Managing Storage: Formatting/Partitioning 8m
- Managing Storage: Erasing 6m
- Managing Storage: Using APFS 3m
- Managing Storage: (Un)Mounting/Ejecting 6m
- Optimizing Storage 5m
- Troubleshooting 8m