Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Package Software for Deployment with MECM and Intune
Step away from MECM and Intune as you explore the art and science of software packaging in this course.
What you'll learn
At exactly the midpoint of this learning path, we have completed the steps necessary to build both an Intune and MECM environment, including their integration together. The second half of this learning path turns its attentions to actually using this environment. It begins with this course, which explores the tactics and techniques in software packaging -- all of which are needed to be successful in deploying software to devices via either half of Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
In this eighth course out of sixteen, Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Package Software for Deployment with MECM and Intune, you'll begin with an introduction to the art of software packaging. Today's software delivery mechanisms for Microsoft applications recognize a half-dozen major categories of application installations. This course's first module introduces you to the high-level best practices for addressing each. Next and finally, once you understand the high level tactics, you'll dig into the click-by-click steps needed to package and repackage each major category using tools that are freely available.
Table of contents
- Introduction 2m
- Configure Folders for Software Deployment 2m
- Customize an EXE Installer with Silent Switches 5m
- Customize an MSI Installer with Transforms 6m
- Repackage an EXE or MSI Install 1m
- Configure an Application Uninstallation 4m
- Package an INTUNEWIN Installer 2m
- Package an MSIX Installer 2m
- Prepare a Code Signing Certificate 4m
- Repackage with the MSIX Packaging Tool 10m