Preparing Spot Color Illustrator Files for Contest Submission
In this series of lessons, we'll focus on helping you prepare spot color illustrator files for submission into our t-shirt contests. Software required: Illustrator CS5.
What you'll learn
In this series of lessons, we'll focus on helping you prepare spot color illustrator files for submission into our t-shirt contests. We'll get started by learning a little about screen printing as well as both process and spot color. Next, we'll learn how to create and manage spot colors in Illustrator using selections from the Pantone Matching System. We'll then look at some shortcuts that will help us convert CMYK artwork to our Pantone spot colors. While coloring our artwork, we'll learn how to maximize our spot colors by using halftones to create a tint. Finally, we'll take a look at a couple of ways to check our files to make sure all colors have been converted to spot colors. After completing this course, you will have a good understanding of how to prepare your artwork for spot color, screen-printing, and submission into Digital-Tutors' t-shirt contests. Software required: Illustrator CS5.
Table of contents
- Overview of the Screen Printing Process 10m
- Creating and Managing Spot Colors 9m
- Converting CMYK Colors to PMS Spot Colors 8m
- Maximizing Spot Colors When Printing on a Budget 11m
- Screen Printing on Dark Materials 7m
- Proofing Your Artwork 12m
- Comparing Final Artwork to Printed Artwork 8m
- Visual Tour of the Printing Process 9m