Presentation Techniques for Game Art in Marmoset Toolbag
In this series of tutorials we're going to learn how to create stunning renders for game art using Marmoset Toolbag. Software required: Marmoset Toolbag 1.07.
What you'll learn
In this series of tutorials we're going to learn how to create stunning renders for game art using Marmoset Toolbag. We'll begin by learning the interface and how to navigate in the viewport. After that we'll jump into production by learning how to import our 3d files into Marmoset Toolbag. Then we'll start creating and modifying materials to apply to our game character. After that, we'll push our scenes even further by setting up lights in our scene using the Sky Tool and dynamic lights. We'll begin to wrap up the training by setting up some post effects like depth of field and bloom to really make our renders stand out. As an added bonus, we'll even learn how to preview animations right inside of Marmoset. Software required: Marmoset Toolbag 1.07.
Table of contents
- Installing the Stoogeexporter Plugin for Maya 5m
- The Interface and Viewport Navigation 10m
- Importing Files into Marmoset Toolbag 7m
- Working with Materials 13m
- Continuing the Materials Workflow 10m
- Editing Skies Using the Sky Tool 9m
- Using Dynamic Lights 9m
- Exploring Post Effects 11m
- Outputting the Renders 11m
- Previewing Animations 9m