Simulating a Volcano Blast in Maya
In this Maya tutorial, we are going to simulate a pyroclastic volcanic eruption using Maya Fluids and nParticles. Software required: Maya-2014,After-effects-CS6.
What you'll learn
In this Maya tutorial, we are going to simulate a pyroclastic volcanic eruption using Maya Fluids and nParticles. Throughout these lessons, you'll explore the important attributes of fluids to simulate volcanic force. You'll learn tips and tricks to quickly resolve errors and instability while handling large amounts of data from fluids. We'll be covering all the important aspects of a pyroclastic blast, from simulation to shading and rendering. The utilization of nParticles will help add more detail and realism to the volcanic eruptions. This will give you the detailed information required to create a stunning element to add to your showreel. By the end of this Maya training, you'll have everything needed to be able to produce a CG volcanic blast from start to finish. Software required: Maya 2014, After Effects CS6.
Table of contents
- Setting up the Scene and Files 9m
- Configuring the Basic Fluid Container and Emitter 10m
- Setting up More Advanced Simulations 12m
- Setting Values of Density and Velocity 9m
- Working on Temperature 11m
- Simplifying the Shading and Colors 6m
- Creating Debris with nParticles 14m
- Simulating Pyro Flow with nParticles 11m
- Rendering Fluids and Composition 11m