Creating 3D Geometry from Vector Logos in After Effects
In this lesson, we will create a 3D geometry using a vector logo made in Illustrator. Software required: After Effects CC 12.2.1, Illustrator.
What you'll learn
In this lesson, we will create a 3D geometry using a vector logo made in Illustrator. We will start by preparing our Illustrator file for After Effects. We'll decide which pieces of our logo file we want to separate to different layers and why. We'll go over how our Illustrator document can actually be imported as an After Effects composition. Once imported into After Effects we will create 3D geometry with our shapes. We'll finish this training by creating lights and cameras and animating them to create a really cool scene. Software required: After Effects CC 12.2.1, Illustrator.
Table of contents
- Preparing an Illustrator Logo File for After Effects 8m
- Importing Vector Artwork into After Effects 7m
- Turning Shape Layers into 3D Geometry 9m
- Utilizing Material Options for Your 3D Geometry 9m
- Creating 3D Lights and a Camera for Our Composition 7m
- Animating 3D Lights and Camera for Our Composition 9m
- Viewing Our Final Animation Using Ram Preview 5m