Traditional Animation Techniques in Photoshop
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will cover a layered method and its techniques to start creating your own Photoshop frame animation projects with more confidence. Software required: Photoshop CC 14.0.
What you'll learn
In this Photoshop tutorial, we will cover a layered method and its techniques to start creating your own Photoshop frame animation projects with more confidence. We'll begin this process by navigating to the frame animation timeline panel. Next we'll begin to visualize our character's animation by drawing simple line gestured forms for the key story-telling poses. From here we'll continue drawing simple forms to flesh out the overall movement and action of our animation by working in breakdowns and in-betweens. Following this we'll spend some time applying volume and form over our line gesture poses to establish our character with more visual clarity and movement. Along the way we'll learn how we can manage the relationship between the layers panel and the frame animation timeline panel so that our animation workflow stays organized. Software required: Photoshop CC 14.0.
Table of contents
- Sketching Out the Key Poses 12m
- Continuing to Sketch Key Poses 14m
- Sketching Breakdown Poses 13m
- Sketching Another Breakdown Pose 7m
- Sketching in-between Poses 14m
- Continuing to Sketch in-between Poses 11m
- Sketching Volume 17m
- Continuing to Sketch Volume 14m
- Continuing to Sketch Volume - Part 2 16m
- Blocking in the Swooping Section of Hair 14m
- Applying Line Work and Recapping 7m