Unlocking the Power of Frames in InDesign
In this collection of lessons, we will learn how to improve efficiency by unlocking the power of frames in InDesign. Software required: InDesign CS5 and up.
What you'll learn
In this collection of lessons, we will learn how to improve efficiency by unlocking the power of frames in InDesign. We will get started by learning how to quickly create grids of frames for use in our layout. Next we will discuss some strategies for placing multiple images into the layout and learn how we can control the spacing between those images. From here we will think a bit outside the box and learn about some unexpected ways we can both modify and create frames. Next, we will shift our attention to text frames and learn how to control the flow of text as well as some of the advanced text wrap options. We will wrap things up by learning about live corner effects as well as how we can quickly apply frame attributes to multiple frames. Software required: InDesign CS5 and up.
Table of contents
- Drawing Grids of Frames 10m
- Strategies for Placing Multiple Images 13m
- Understanding the Gap Tool and Live Distribute 10m
- Modifying Frames with Existing Content 8m
- Beginning to Explore Unique Frames for Images and Text 11m
- Continuing to Explore Unique Frames for Images and Text 6m
- Controlling the Flow of Placed Text 11m
- Using Text Wraps with Alpha Channels 10m
- Understanding Live Corner Effects 6m
- Copying Attributes Using the Eyedropper Tool 9m