Working with 3D in Storyboard Pro
We'll begin this tutorial by learning how to import a 3D object into the application followed by learning how we can transform our object in three-dimensional space.
What you'll learn
We'll begin this tutorial by learning how to import a 3D object into the application followed by learning how we can transform our object in three-dimensional space. From here we'll cover how we can transform 2D layers into 3D to create a scene that has the illusion of depth and dimension. Following this, we'll learn how we can animate both our 3D object and 2D layers. We'll also learn how we can add additional 2D artwork to a 3D scene and how we can edit this artwork once it has been transformed. Finally, we'll see how we can animate a camera in a 3D scene to bring our storyboard scenes to life. By learning about the 3D capabilities that Storyboard Pro has to offer, you'll be able to pre-visualize your storyboard scenes in a way that's much more immersive and engaging, whether you're working on a live-action film, commercial, or animated feature.
Table of contents
- Importing a 3D Object 7m
- Transforming Our 3D UFO 9m
- Transforming 2D Objects in Three-dimensional Space 10m
- Animating Our 3D UFO 9m
- Animating 2D Objects in 3D Space 8m
- Drawing, Transforming, and Editing 2D Objects in 3D Scenes 6m
- Animating a Camera in 3D Scene 8m
- Setting the Alignment of 2D Layers for 3D Camera Animation 7m
- Adjusting the Camera's Rotation and Path in 3D 7m