Working with Tables in InDesign
In this series of lessons, we'll focus on working with tables in InDesign. Software required: InDesign CS5, MS Word 2002 or higher, MS Excel 2002 or higher.
What you'll learn
In this series of lessons, we'll focus on working with tables in InDesign. We'll begin by breaking down the structure of a table and learning how to navigate and select its different parts. Next, we'll learn how to create a table both from scratch as well as from data created in Microsoft Word or Excel. From there, we'll learn about headers and footers and then move on to the different types of content we can place into a table. We'll wrap things up by learning how to edit the structure of a table and how to control both the stroke and fill attributes for various parts of the table. After going through this course, you'll have a good understanding of how to build and customize tables in InDesign. Software required: InDesign CS5, MS Word 2002 or higher, MS Excel 2002 or higher.
Table of contents
- InDesign Table Overview 12m
- Table Creation Basics 12m
- Importing Tables into Indesign 10m
- Creating and Managing Headers and Footers 7m
- Adding Content to a Table 12m
- Beginning to Edit Our Table 10m
- Continuing to Edit Our Table 10m
- Customizing Stroke and Fill Attributes for Our Table 13m
- Fine Tuning Our Table 9m