- Recall fundamental cloud terminology and identify Google Cloud products and solutions that support digital transformation.
- Explain how cloud technology and data can be leveraged to innovate within organizations
- Identify key change patterns and Google Cloud products for infrastructure and application modernization.
- Describe contributing factors to the success of cloud operations and security.
Google Cloud Digital Leader Training
Gain foundational literacy about cloud and digital transformation. Increase your cloud confidence so you can speak with colleagues in technical cloud roles and contribute to informed cloud-related business decisions.
What is cloud technology or data science? More importantly, what can it do for you, your team, and your business?
If you want to learn about cloud technology so you can excel in your role and help build the future of your business, then this introductory course on digital transformation is for you.
This course defines foundational terms such as cloud, data, and digital transformation. It also explores examples of companies around the world that are using cloud technology to revolutionize their businesses. The course provides an overview of the types of opportunities and challenges that companies often encounter in their digital transformation journey and aligns them with the Google Cloud solution pillars. But digital transformation isn't just about using new technology. To truly transform, organizations also need to be innovative and scale an innovation mindset across the organization. The course offers best practices to help you achieve this.
Table of contents
- Module 1: Why cloud technology is revolutionizing business
- Module 2: Digital Transformation with Google Cloud
- Module 3: Scaling the innovation mindset
Cloud technology on its own only provides a fraction of the true value to a business; When combined with data–lots and lots of it–it has the power to truly unlock value and create new experiences for customers. In this course, you'll learn what data is, historical ways companies have used it to make decisions, and why it is so critical for machine learning. This course also introduces learners to technical concepts such as structured and unstructured data. database, data warehouse, and data lakes. It then covers the most common and fastest growing Google Cloud products around data.
Table of contents
- Module 1: The Value of Data
- Module 2: Data Consolidation and Analytics
- Module 3: Innovation with Machine Learning
Many traditional enterprises use legacy systems and applications that often struggle to achieve the scale and speed needed to meet modern customer expectations. Business leaders and IT decision makers constantly have to choose between maintenance of legacy systems and investing in innovative new products and services.
This course explores the challenges of an outdated IT infrastructure and how businesses can modernize it using cloud technology. It begins by exploring the different compute options available in the cloud and the benefits of each, before turning to application modernization and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). The course also considers a range of Google Cloud solutions that can help businesses to better develop and manage their systems, such as Compute Engine, App Engine, and Apigee.
Table of contents
- Module 1: Modernizing IT Infrastructure with Google Cloud
- Module 2: Modernizing Applications with Google Cloud
- Module 3: The Value of APIs