Beginner's Guide to InDesign
In this collection of lessons we will learn basic terms, definitions, and workflows for working in InDesign. Software required: Adobe InDesign CS5.
What you'll learn
In this collection of lessons we will learn basic terms, definitions, and workflows for working in InDesign. We will start off by learning how we can generate vector-based graphics, right inside of InDesign. We will then take a look at how we can bring assets that were generated in other applications into InDesign for use in our layouts. After that, we will learn things like how we can create and format text, how to quickly manage the pages in our document, and finally we will learn how we can add some basic interactivity to our InDesign layout. To wrap this project up, we will learn how to save work and collect all related assets so they can be passed to another individual. Software required: Adobe InDesign CS5.
Table of contents
- What Is InDesign? 11m
- Drawing Vector Objects in InDesign 12m
- Selecting and Transforming InDesign Objects 10m
- Understanding InDesign Frames 10m
- Using Strokes, Fills, and Color in InDesign 12m
- Bringing Image Assets into InDesign 5m
- Working with Text in InDesign 13m
- InDesign Rulers and Guides 9m
- Managing Pages in InDesign 13m
- Creating Interactivity in InDesign 11m
- Saving and Packaging InDesign Content 6m