Beginner's Guide to Digital Painting in Photoshop
In this collection of lessons, we will learn basic terms, definitions, and workflows for digital painting in Photoshop CS5. Software required: Photoshop CS5.
What you'll learn
In this collection of lessons, we will learn basic terms, definitions, and workflows for digital painting in Photoshop CS5. We'll start off by covering how to create and save new documents as well as how we can navigate around inside them. We'll then take a look at two of the most basic tools for digital painting, being the brush tool and eraser tool so you begin creating artwork right away. After that, you'll learn about several other features such as layers, selections, and masks that will add a new dimension to your digital painting experience. And to wrap up this project, we'll go over one possible workflow for painting a digital image. Software required: Photoshop CS5.
Table of contents
- Creating and Navigating Documents 13m
- The Basic Tools for Painting 12m
- Choosing and Mixing Colors 10m
- Understanding Photoshop Layers 12m
- Undo's and the History Panel 10m
- Making Selections for Painting 11m
- Understanding Masking Techniques 9m
- Brush Dynamics and Custom Brush Presets 12m
- Sample Workflow for Digital Painting 6m