Fundamentals of Drawing Animal Anatomy
In this collection of lessons, we will learn about the process of drawing realistic animal anatomy. Software required: Photoshop CS5.
What you'll learn
In this collection of lessons, we will learn about the process of drawing realistic animal anatomy. We'll get started by taking a look at similarities between human anatomy and animal anatomy. From there, we'll learn the critical areas to look for in any animal and learn how to simplify and draw them in a two dimensional profile view. Next, we begin taking steps towards drawing our own three dimensional animals by learning how we can incorporate gesture drawing as well as action and rhythm. Finally, we'll begin applying these simple principles by planning out and drawing an animal of our own. After completing this course, you will have all the tools you need to be able to look at an animal and then begin realistically rendering it. Software required: Photoshop CS5.
Table of contents
- Understanding Basic Animal Forms 10m
- Simplifying an Animals Core Shapes 10m
- The Benefits of Gesture Drawing 11m
- Capturing the Action of a Pose 10m
- Drawing with Rhythm 7m
- Constructing Three Dimensional Animal Forms 12m
- Practical Application: Gesture 9m
- Practical Application: Action and Rhythm 11m
- Practical Application: Construction 14m
- Practical Application: Detail and Rendering 10m