Professional Series: Creature Design and Development Techniques
In this collection of lessons, we will learn about the process of designing and developing an alien creature for production. Software required: Photoshop CS5 and up.
What you'll learn
In this collection of lessons, we will learn about the process of designing and developing an alien creature for production. The objectives for this fast-paced, intensive course are to help you understand the process of designing a creature for a 3D production pipeline from start to finish. Now, several of the design decisions will be directly influenced by the feedback we receive from other artists in the pipeline. By the end of this training, you will have the ability to take this process and apply it to your own creature designs with the understanding of what you as the concept artist can do to make the other jobs of the artists easier. Software required: Photoshop CS5 and up.
Table of contents
- Quick Concept Review - Part 1 7m
- Quick Concept Review - Part 2 7m
- Combining Feedback from Initial Concepts 9m
- Revisions and Fine-tuning Our Creature's Head and Torso 9m
- Exploring Extremities 8m
- Putting It All Together 8m
- Back to the Drawing Board for More Feet 7m
- Orthographic Drawings: Front View 9m
- Orthographic Drawings: Back View 8m
- Surface Separations and Closing Thoughts 4m