10 Things Every Designer Should Know About Illustrator
In this series of lessons, we'll focus on 10 Things Every Designer Should Know About Illustrator. Software Required: Illustrator CS5.
What you'll learn
In this series of lessons, we'll focus on 10 Things Every Designer Should Know About Illustrator. Let's dive right in and get started by revealing the power of Illustrator's Appearance Panel, and then take a look at how Smart Guides can simplify precision placement of our objects. We'll also learn about available brushes in the Brush Panel and look at some techniques for creating stylized flourishes using these brushes. Next, we'll learn how we can work more efficiently by integrating symbols into our workflow. We'll also take a look at some of the powerful new tools in Illustrator CS5 such as the width tool, the shape builder tool and drawing modes. We'll wrap things up by learning about blends and advanced masking using Opacity Masks. After completing this course, you'll be better equipped to tackle virtually any Illustrator project. Software Required: Illustrator CS5.
Table of contents
- Control Appearance Attributes with the Appearance Panel 11m
- Precision Object Placement with Smart Guides 10m
- Available Brush Types in the Brush Panel 11m
- Creating Stylized Flourishes 11m
- Improve Efficiency with Symbols 11m
- Creating Custom Strokes with the Width Tool 10m
- Building Advanced Shapes with the Shape Builder Tool 9m
- Draw Anywhere Using Draw Modes 10m
- Creating Visual Appeal Using Blends 10m
- Advanced Masking Using Opacity Masks 11m