Using Access 2019
This skill covers essential information on how to create and manage Access database, build tables, create queries and reports.
What you will learn
- Planning and designing a database
- Creating a database and its objects
- Managing database
- Creating different queries
- Creating different forms
- Creating different report
No prerequisite knowledge needed.
In this beginner section we will introduce Access, cover how to modify records and use filters. We will cover using forms, queries and reports.
Microsoft Access is an information management tool that helps you store information for reference, reporting, and analysis. In this course, Access 2019 Essentials, you will be will introduced to Access 2019, Microsoft’s application for creating working database solutions. First, you’ll begin with navigation lessons to help you find your way around the Access interface. Next, you will explore the basics of working with databases and tables. From there you’ll move into working with and sorting records, working with filters, forms, queries, and reporting. Finally, you'll explore and understand database objects. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Access 2019 needed to begin development (and begin preparation for the Microsoft Office exams).
Table of contents
- Getting Started with Microsoft Access
- Working with Databases and Tables
- Table Basics and Sorting Records
- Working with Filters and Forms
- The Basics of Queries and Reports
- Working with Database Objects
In this intermediate section we will cover how to create and manage database objects, how to plan and design a database and then how to create different databases.
In this course, Access 2019 Power Users, you will dive further into the world of Access 2019. First, you’ll continue your understanding of working with databases and tables. Then, you’ll begin learning about data types and learn how to work with fields. Finally, you’ll discover more about creating and managing queries, forms, and reports. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Access 2019 needed to expand your development (and continue preparation for the Microsoft Office exams).
Table of contents
- Working with Databases
- Working with Tables
- Understanding Data Types
- Working with Fields and Datatypes
- Creating and Managing Queries
- Creating and Managing Forms
- Creating and Managing Reports
In this advanced section we will cover how to manage tables, create advanced queries, as wil as create and manage forms and reports.
This course will move you to the deepest levels of the world of Access 2019. You’ll continue to explore what it takes to manage databases and work with key fields. Then you’ll begin learning about the relationship window and working with relationships. You’ll learn more about external sources, controlling data entry, advanced queries, form and report controls, and more. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of an Access 2019 pro needed to expand your development (and complete your preparation for the Microsoft Office exams.)
Table of contents
- Managing Databases and Working with Key Fields
- Using the Relationships Window and Managing Table Relationships
- Working with External Sources and Advanced Field Properties
- Controlling Data Entry
- Using Calculations in Queries
- Refining Query Results and Creating Advanced Queries
- Managing Data with Action Queries and Types of Field Controls
- Working with Form and Report Controls
- Formatting Your Forms and Reports